Watching TV can be terrible. It’s so easy to do, and you don’t realize that time is slipping through your fingers. Sometimes going on Facebook is like that too. But for the most part, watching TV can really hurt you, when you think about what productive things you could have been doing.
So here are some of my ideas on what you could be doing this evening instead of watching tv
1. Read a book – It could be fiction or non-fiction. it could be a good book, or a book you’ve heard so much about, or a book you’ve always wanted to read, or a book you’ve read before. Reading is an opportunity to calm your mind, and get your brain thinking. If you would like some suggestions let me know
2. Read the Bible – Some may say that the Bible is a book. Well it’s not. Reading the Bible gives you the opportunity to hear from God, or to put something in you that could encourage you later.
3. Learn something online – The world is such a big place, but the internet makes so much of it come close to you. Do you want to learn how to code, how to sew, how to make movies, how to write a book? They are all waiting for you online
4. Spend time with loved ones – Life is so busy. But you must never be too busy for those you love. Because in the end, it’s the relationships that matter.
5. Create something – Have you always wanted to write a book or create a website or something? Well this is your opportunity to do just that. Think. Create. Repeat.
6. Spend time in quiet reflection – You can choose to pray, or just sit quietly and think about your day. You can use this time to appreciate what you have and who you have it to share with.
7. Do something fun – The trouble with life is that we don’t realize that it’s not long. We keep postponing fun for later. We keep thinking that later in life we will be able to enjoy our lives, but we don’t realize that tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Why not do something fun today.
8. Quit a bad habit – We all have bad habits that we know is taking away our peace of mind – publicly or privately. Don’t you think it’s time to quit? you can research how to quit until you’re blue in the face, or you can just decide that enough is enough, and decide to quit.
9. Volunteer your time or donate your things. – doing good is always good, except when it’s not. There are so many needy people in the world. You can take the time, pick one good thing, and just do it. It’s your life, why not decide to impact the world with it.
10. Sleep – so many people are sleep-deprived. They think that when sleep deprivation is the key to success, or that it is something to be proud of. It is not. You need rest to come up with great ideas, great businesses, and learn new things. So go ahead and sleep. I give you permission to.
Bonus: Start or join and organization. We need you.
Any other ideas on how to invest in yourself instead of watching TV?
P.S. if you want to be one of the first to know about my projects, please subscribe.
Need some help dealing with loneliness, please click here
Need some help dealing with breakups, Please click here
Latest posts by iyasostuff (Posts)
- Want to make work more interesting? Just add color - August 6, 2018
- What if you could make money doing what you love? - December 19, 2016
- Become a Better Mom and MoneyMaking Entrepreneur in only 17 Minutes a day - December 13, 2016